Purpose: If you have subcategories in your store, by default they do not have cover images. (see picture below) You can view the subcategories from the front end by clicking on any category that has subcategories. This tutorial explains how to assign an image to a subcategory so that the subcategory has a cover image in your store.
If you don’t already have an image ready to use as a cover image (you can use an image from EdenFantasys if you like), please save one and remember the location.
Let’s say you want to add a cover image to Subcategory X.
1. Log into store admin and go to the Catalog Tab.
2. Click on the parent category for Subcategory X.
3. Find Subcategory X in the list of subcategories. In the row for Subcategory X, click on the Edit icon / Pencil at the right side.
4. Looking at the window, you have the option to edit the Name, Displayed toggle, Parent Category, and Description. Just below the Description box is a field called “Image.” Click on the “Choose File” button to open an explorer window.
5. Browse to an image on your computer to use as the cover image and click Open.
6. Click Save at the bottom of the category page.
7. Verify that the image appears by checking the front end of the store.
For my example, I added a picture of the Nexus, Sr. to my subcategory Double Dildos:
Filed under: Uncategorized by Kris