Purpose: When you add products to your store, the products come with multiple images, and you may wish to add additional images and/or delete images. Affiliates should not misrepresent products, but are free to add custom images or delete images that they do not wish to have in their store.
Note: You can add images to a product page in a few ways. One way is to add the image so it appears with the rest of the product images, and can show up as the default image for the products. This tutorial shows you how to add images this way. Another way is to add images to the product description, or in the “More Info” section at the bottom of the product page. The tutorial for this way is coming soon!
For adding or deleting images, log into the Back Office and click on the Catalog tab. Then navigate to the product’s page, and click on the Images tab, as shown below.
Adding Images to a Product Page
1. On the Images tab, click the Browse button.
2. Use the explorer window to navigate to your image and select it. Click Open to select your image.
3. If you want to use the image as the product cover, check the box next to “Use as product cover?” The product cover image is the image that appears as the default image for the product page, homepage, and category pages. You can also choose the product cover through the image list. Click on the red circle under “Cover” in the row of product to make it the cover image. The image should then have a green checkmark in its row.
4. Click Save image to save your changes. The image you uploaded should be added to the bottom of the image list on the pages.
5. Scroll down to the list of images and use the arrows next to the images to adjust the relative position of the image. For the best user experience, we recommend moving the image you want to use as the default picture into Position 1.
After completing these steps, the image will now appear with the rest of the product images. If you’ve set it as the product cover, it will appear as the default image. You still need to add it to at least one combination of product images, or the image won’t appear correctly on the product page.
6. Click on the Combinations tab.
7. Scroll down to the Attributes table near the bottom of the page. Click the Edit icon next to a combination for the product. Note: Some products only have one combination.
8. Check the box next to the image you wish to add to the combination, and then click Modify this attribute combination.
Deleting Images from a Product Page
1. On the Images tab, scroll down to the image list near the bottom of the page.
2. For any image you wish to delete, click the red X to the right of the image.
3. A dialog box will appear, asking you to confirm the deletion. Click OK to delete the image or Cancel to cancel the action.
Filed under: Uncategorized by Kris